Thursday, August 12, 2010

2010.07.27 Nagoya-jo, Electric Museum, Moery

Met Hiro at Nagoya Station and we took the Meijo Line to Shiyakusho to get to Nagoya-jo.


There's a building that has a roof just like Nagoya-jo!

Miscellaneous mascot characters! (note the Shachihoko replaced by a fried shrimp)







Some guy who was famous for standing on a rock while other people pulled it.





This is how people traveled in style back then.




There was even a Shachichoko that visitors could take a picture with. Since it was made for people to sit on, I decided to be different and stand behind it.



Back at the refreshment stand/gift shop outside the castle:

clockwise from top right: vanilla, strawberry mix, maccha, chocolate mix, miso

Guess which flavor I ended up ordering?

More Nagoya-jo, Electric Museum and MORE! coming later.

After we left the Electric Museum we saw a maid advertising for her place on the street. I really wanted to take a picture so I pretended I couldn't speak Japanese and it paid off! Sorry.

Somehow, I got the the feeling that if I asked in Japanese, I would be perceived as creepy or something and/or get refused. I think tourists/gaijin are given more leeway when making 'unreasonable requests' so I did what I felt I had to. Blame society!


Moery was more like an izakaya or something since they served alcohol as well. Got some drinks, seasoned fries and hot dogs cut to look like octopuses. Was kind of expensive, but it was really interesting. Thanks to Hana(はな), Kagura(神楽) and (squints at name tag in picture) Norike(のりけ)!

Should have probably paid to get pictures with the girls in Moery as well. They gave me a point card so I have some incentive to go back, I suppose. Maybe not as much as Hiro since Hana said that he reminded her of her younger brother. He even had Hana write her younger brother's name (ゆう君)in place of his in the space for the customer's name on his card!

No comments:

Post a Comment