Thursday, August 12, 2010

2010.07.22 From Beppu back to Osaka!

Woke up early and did some laundry. Checked out of the hostel, got come chocolates and a postcard. Took some pictures with the staff before I headed down to the station to catch the Sonic back to Kokura.


One last look at the park where the matsuri that I couldn't go to would be.

Apparently, Oita is known for Tori-ten (chicken tenpura) which originated there, so I had to get some before I left. Went to the food court where I got ramen the day before and got a bento.


Here comes the Sonic!


Blurry Japanese countryside photos taken from the train.



Old train.


Waiting @ Kokura for the Shinkansen to Shin-Osaka.





Got to Shin-Osaka then somehow made it down to the subway platform to ride the Midosuji line down to Nishinakajima-Minamigata Station (one stop away) which was near the hotel. Went out the wrong exit and ended up walking a few blocks out of the way and had to cross over some train tracks to get there.

Kind of small room.


It was about 4pm by this time and I was tired so the day ended here.

No comments:

Post a Comment